This Flipped Educator Spotlight video interview features middle school history teachers Andrew Swan and Jean Singers and is conducted by Crystal Kirch. Andrew and Jean have worked together for 13 years and in this interview they discuss how flipped learning has enabled them to truly personalize teaching for their students, and fundamentally changed the way they teach.
The questions and topics explored in this video include:
- Tell us about your background and why you guys work together
- What do you like about working as partners?
- Tell us how you got started flipping your classroom
- What have been some of your biggest successes (and problems solved) through flipping learning?
- Tell us about the workflow in your flipped history class
- Blooms Taxonomy and the flipped classroom
- What have been some challlenges and obstacles you’ve had to overcome?
- Discussion about video length
- The “magic” of flipping: there is no “escape” from demonstrating their understanding of the material!
- What advice would you give to those new to flipping in the humanities?
- The shift to student centered learning
- Ads you look into the future, where do you see this going, what other avenues do you want to explore?
- Where can we find you online?
TIME SAVING TIP: If you open the video directly in YouTube and clikc on Show More, you can access a handy set of “time tags” to jump to any of the specific questions above.